Döner Bistro's 3rd annual Oktoberfest Celebration from the 14th till the 17th of October 2010 under the big fest tent on 202 A Harrison Street. As you know, this is your favorite restaurant's biggest event of the year and we invite you, your friends and family to join in on this "Bavarian craziness" once again.
We have no doubt that this year is going to be as much as a blast as it has been previously. Again, it is going to be a celebration dominated by the colors white and blue, with Hofbraeuhaus Bier on tap and yummy Sauerkraut dominated dishes - which you know we would not serve otherwise ;-) As usual, Döner, Falafel and the rest of the bunch will get a well earned break during the Fest, but will return immediately once the "spook has past"...
In the following a few Oktoberfest Tips:
- Opening day, Thursday, is going to be an ideal day if you want to show up with a big group. Our Bier-Boot-Party starts at 4pm and ends at 9pm. Authentic background and "Schunkel" music is provided by Bavarian duo "Liab' und Schneid". So bring your office colleagues and all other people you would like to share a boot with. There is one main rule you should know about: The one person before the last one to finish the boot pays the due!
- Do not forget your dancing shoes on Friday and Saturday 'cause DJ Timo is in da tent, playing today's Oktoberfest hits. On Saturday, his mix includes more of the traditional songs. So come Friday night to shake your hips to modern German fun and funky music and get ready to "schunkel" and sing with your bench neighbors on Saturday.
- The "Alte Kameraden" band will return to us on Sunday and give you an Oktoberfest finale that will transfer you (and due to their massive performance possibly all of Leesburg) to Bavaria. Come early and hear them play from 1pm to 5pm!
- Steins and other commemorative items are available for purchase, however you are encouraged to dress Bavarian style and to bring your own Stein if you have one.
- If you have never been to one of our Oktoberfests before, click on facebook, myspace and scroll down to the Oktoberfest 2008 blog entry to take a look at pics, stories and videos to get the feel for how to behave ;-)
- Last but not least, plan ahead and carpool or get a pregnant lady, your kids or someone else you know who could be a designated driver to pick you up. There will also be taxi cabs available - Please make use of one of these possibilities and you and we as your host will have a more fun and carefree time...
Price Talk (all specials are tax included):
The event is free as usual! You start out by going inside to order and open a tab. You will receive a coaster which is your receipt for your tab. We will also give you a wristband if you are over 21. All food platters including Sauerkraut and Potato Salad with your choice of meat (Bavarian Meatloaf, Weisswurst, Bratwurst or Schnitzel) are available for $15. Beer prices are the same as last year with $10 per 1Liter Stein filling (or buy one of our Steins for $12 and get the first filling for $8) and $6 per half Liter cup. Pretzels, Potato Pancakes and Fries are available for $5
In case you favor one of our bottled beer or wine over our Festbier on tap, you can purchase it for regular price.
Well, let's leave it at that for now and if you want to know more or have questions, please sent us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also stay in the loop by becoming a fan on facebook (if you are not already) and/or follow our tweets.
Your Döner Bistro Team