Thursday, September 3, 2009

I wish every Thursday was this exciting: Elliot in the Morning

The ballots are tallied and because of you Döner Fans, Döner Bistro finished #4 in the competition! But don’t start celebrating; it's not over yet. All through September the top restaurants will continue to be critiqued and under cover judges will be visiting to get a better idea of what they are all about. Stay tuned in October when the winner is announced. Thank you again for your votes and support, it means a lot to see how many people took the time to vote Döner!

As some of you heard, last Thursday we were on Elliot in the Morning. That was an exciting day; here are more details of our trip.

~~~~~~~~~~


The day started like any other, only earlier. I met Timo and Nils at the Döner promptly at 6:15 am; Leesburg was still asleep. They had Elliot in the Morning playing in the restaurant and I still could not believe I was actually going to the place it was broadcasting, how exciting! I milled around aimlessly doing as I was told while the guys got the food ready. They had been there a whole hour before I showed up so I didn’t dare complain about being tired. That’s what I call commitment.

Soon it was time to go and away we went! The drive to Rockville seemed extremely short, but then again I was in a tired daze the whole way there. Before I knew it we were waiting in the lobby of the DC 101 building waiting for Kyle to come and get us. In no time he arrived and up we went to the top of the building and into the studio.


Timo and Nils are old pros at this having brought food to Elliot five other times in the past. We were put in a room neighboring the room Elliot was broadcasting from and were able to watch them do the show through a huge window. Comedian Mitch Fatel was the guest and we listened to him and Elliot talk. They chatted about the upcoming Kiss concert while Timo and Nils got the food ready and I ran around taking pictures. Once all the Döners were put together and the Currywurst was ready we brought in the food to hungry radio hosts and then sat back and relaxed until Elliot called Timo in to chat.




See Timo on Elliot in the Morning on youtube HERE



See the rest of my pictures are on facebook HERE



~

Back at the Döner it was just about opening time. It was cool listening to people tell me about how they heard about us on Elliot in the Morning and just had to come over to get a Döner. My shift flew by and soon it was time for me to leave for the day.





But my Thursday was far from over. That night I meet up with the whole gang and headed to Clarendon, VA to check it out as a possible location for the new restaurant.
















It was a fun night spent with awesome people; the perfect way to top off a full day. The trip left me excited for the future of the restaurant and wishing I spoke German :-)


Clarendon, Virginia; future Döner Bistro location? Only time will tell; stay tuned in for more information about restaurant openings and cool events to come.

Thanks for reading,

~Maria

1 comment:

dolores said...

Heard Timo on the radio....Elliot was talking with his mouth full....sounded like one happy Doener eater!:)
Congrats on 4th place..that is fantastic!!